So for my current day job I sit at a desk for 7-8 hours a day, and when I get home from that and hit the coding books, I’m back at another desk for 1-2 hours. This ongoing routine of sitting awkwardly has resulted in my back becoming stiffer than a 2×4 plank of wood.
Recently some kind soul who’s name I cannot for the life of me remember now (forgive me mystery angel) passed me a link to this video and it’s been a real boon to both my spine and sanity.
So I thought I would pass on the favour.
I might suggest that you try and find a quiet, discrete spot to perform these exercises, as you may get a funny look or two when flapping your arms up and down or climbing an imaginary ladder.
Good luck and keep climbing!
So I’ve got a lot to learn… literally.
My current to do list:
- Look into how SASS can improve a website;
- Learn how to utilise WordPress as a CMS for builds;
- Improve on my knowledge of graphic design and writing copy;
- Build a social network presence;
- Finish the 5 books I’m reading right now, 3 of which are related to work web design;
- Update this blog;
- And finally I have to squeeze in my actual day job somewhere.
Just writing all that out makes me want to crawl into a ball with a big mac, a whopper; some kfc fries, and a bakers dozen of krispy kreams (the doughboys podcast might have something to do with that too).
Even meditation is stressing me out (now I have to find 15 more minutes in the day just for that!).
First world problems yo.